Catholic Health Initiatives Patient Access Rep - Iowa Heart in ANKENY, Iowa
Patient Access Rep - Iowa Heart
Location: ANKENY, IOWA, UNITED STATES
Requisition #: 2020-R0278941
Post Date: 3 days ago
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 48
Primary Location: IA > ANKENY > IHC ANKENY CLINIC
Under supervision, greets, instructs, schedules and directs adult patients and visitors. Serves as liaison between patient and medical support staff.
• Greets, instructs, and directs all incoming patients and visitors.
• Assists with completion of registration forms.
• Answers incoming calls and provides routine information and directs calls to appropriate area.
• Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information via the computer, updates information as needed.
• Assists with pre-certification process.
• Monitors patient waiting time and maintains patient flow.
• Performs billing processes as identified.
• Assures completion of all appropriate documents upon check out.
• Utilizes appropriate auditing tools according to IHC guidelines.
• Attempts to contact all “no show” patients, documents in patient’s record and reschedules patient.
• Notifies patient of future scheduled appointment.
• Collects payments and compiles daily payment log.
• Educates and instructs patients of upcoming procedures and tests under the nurse’s guidelines.
• Maintains accurate balance of petty cash.
• Utilizes answering service at appropriate times and retrieves messages from answering service and responds appropriately.
• May cover other Iowa Heart Center locations as directed.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLSAND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
Basic Life Support (BLS) for theHealthcare Provider certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire
Proof ofcompletion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served withinthree (3) months of hire.
High SchoolDiploma or equivalent.
Prefer at leastone year of experience in the medical office setting.
Knowledge ofmedical terminology desirable.
CardiovascularMedical Terminology class completion within 1 year of hire.
Requisition ID: 2020-R0278941
Market: Mercy Medical Center
We are excited to share that CHI was named as one of America’s Best Employers 2019, by Forbes. Clickhereto learn more.
Chances are, you’re here because you’re looking for a career offering greater opportunity, challenge and fulfillment. We’re confident you’ll find all three at CHI. As one of the nation’s largest nonprofit health systems, we offer a wealth of careers across more than 101 hospitals in 18 states. Our faith-based health system welcomes you to share in our mission of building healthier communities, whether as a surgeon in the operating room or an administrator in a conference room. When you work in a supportive environment with like-minded professionals, wonderful things happen. Learn More
Equal Opportunity Employment
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic