HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Case Manager PRN in Anchorage, Alaska
RN Case Manager - PRN Alaska Regional Hospital
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Case Manager.
Questions? Contact Karen Nay, recruiter atKaren.Nay@hcahealthcare.comor call/text at (385) 237-7440.
As a Case Manager you will have the opportunity to use your acute care registered nurse experience in a uniquely impactful way. You will be joining a collaborative team that values extraordinary patient care and dedication to one another. In this role:
- You will be responsible for promoting patient-centered care by coordinating the plan of care for the patient stay and managing the length of stay.
- You will ensure appropriate resource management and develop a safe and appropriate discharge plan in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
- You will facilitate the progression and transition of care using established criteria and in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team.
- You will coordinate activities that promote quality outcomes and patient throughput while supporting a balance of optimal care and appropriate resource utilization.
- You will direct activities to identify and provide for the needs of the under-resourced patient population to include patient education activities, patient assistance programs, and community-based resources.
- You will identify patients who are at risk for adverse outcomes during the transition from one level of care to another and, in partnership with Social Services, ensure the post-acute medical needs and levels of care are appropriate for those patients.
Alaska Regional’s 1,000 employees and medical staff of more than 550 independent practitioners are known for their expertise, compassion and skills – proving that bigger is not always better. As the only non-medical hospital in the state with its own landing strip, patients and families from throughout our state look to Alaska Regional for critical care. The 250-bed hospital is also recognized for outstanding quality performance, patient-centered culture, excellent clinical outcomes and cutting-edge technology.
Alaska Regional is part of HCA’s network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country – offering employees the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and Alaska Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska or RN compact license from participating compact states.
5 years of nursing experience with 2 years of critical care experienceor3 years nursing experience with 2 years of Case Management experience preferred.
American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification.
Certification in case management or utilization review preferred.
InterQual experience preferred.
Job: *Case Management
Title: RN Case Manager PRN
Location: Alaska-Anchorage-Alaska Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 01406-7658