USACares Jobs

Job Information

Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs Dispatcher (Public Safety) in Anadarko, Oklahoma


This position is located with the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Office of Justice Services, District 2-Anadarko Agency. The Office of Justice Services (OJS) is announcing an opportunity in its Division of Law Enforcement Services for a Dispatcher (Public Safety). Do you have experience performing as a radio net controller, transmitting and receiving law enforcement communications traffic? If so, this job could be for you!


Operates a multi-frequency, multi-agency radio console with several paging systems, cross-frequency patching, and phone patching. Operates within a number of public safety computer networks and NCIC/NLETS.

Coordinates, monitors, and assists with operations via telephone and radio between a variety of agencies and personnel.

Records and maintains all radio transmissions and significant telephone situations.

Determines priority of response and initiates appropriate response of law enforcement.

Gather all pertinent information for the call to determine whether it requires dispatching a vehicle, vessel or aircraft.

Performs general communications center duties such as filing, typing, copying, scanning, maintaining updated information, shredding of designated paper work, or providing copies of case incident reports to authorized individual or entities.


Conditions of Employment



In addition to meeting the experience at the lower grade level, to qualify at the GS-04 grade level you must meet ONE of the following criteria: A. General Work Experience: One year of general work experience that is progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that demonstrates or reflects the ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position.


B. Education: 2 full academic years (60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours) of education beyond the high school level at an accredited college or university.


C. A combination of experience and education that totals 100% of the requirement. GS-05:

In addition to meeting the experience at the lower grade levels, to qualify at the GS-05 grade level you must meet ONE of the following criteria: A. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-04 grade level transmitting and receiving law enforcement communications traffic via radio net control. Experience at this level may include answering and disseminating law enforcement and emergency information by telephone; updating logs and files of complaints, police actions, and related reports; and operating law enforcement information systems.


B. Education: 4 full academic years (120 semester hours or 180 quarter hours) of education beyond the high school level at an accredited college or university.


C. A combination of experience and education that totals 100% of the requirement. GS-06:

To qualify for the GS-06 grade level, you must have one year specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-05 grade level performing the following: 1) Receive and transmit law enforcement communications on a multi-frequency radio network; 2) navigating the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database; and 3) maintaining records of radio transactions, law enforcement actions, and reports. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.


If you are qualifying based on your education, you MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) official or unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement. If more than 10 percent of your undergraduate course work (credit hours) were taken on a pass/fail basis, your claim of superior academic achievement must be based upon class standing or membership in an honor society. One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study. If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education which shows the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: FOREIGN EDUCATION.

Additional Information

All new hires earn the beginning salary of their pay grade (Step 1). See 2020 "Rest of U.S." pay chart here. The full performance level of this position is GS-06. Identification of promotion potential in this announcement does not constitute a commitment or an obligation on the part of management to promote the employee selected at some future date. A career ladder promotion is at the discretion of management, and in no way guaranteed. Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: (1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; (2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 81 or above; and, (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information visit: Former Federal Employees are required to indicate whether they received a Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment (VSIP) buyout in their previous employment with the Federal government, and are required to submit a copy of the applicable Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) regarding the VSIP. The majority of individuals, who accept reemployment with the Federal government within 5 years of receiving the VSIP amount, must repay the gross amount of the separation pay prior to reemployment. If you are unable to apply online, require reasonable accommodation in the application process if you are an applicant with a disability, or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.