IREX Deputy Chief of Party, USAID/Jordan Sawt Civil Society Strengthening Activity in Amman, Jordan
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for the anticipated five-year USAID Sawt Civil Society Strengthening Activity in Jordan. USAID Sawt: A Voice for Civic Engagement aims to position Jordanian civil society and media to actively and effectively represent and advocate on behalf of citizen-driven interests. The Program is expected to work towards the following objectives: 1) Online media provides ethical and verifiable information that citizens can rely on for constructive contribution to civic discourse; 2) Citizens and civil society organizations effectively participate in civic spaces and advocate for policies through collective action; 3) CSOs demonstrate measurable improvements related to their networks, organizational development, and advocacy; 4) CSOs and media content creators more effectively serve marginalized communities. Based in Amman, the DCOP will be responsible for managing all field operations under the overall direction of the Chief of Party. This individual will oversee the project’s operations.
Only citizens of Jordan or permanent residents authorized to work in Jordan will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership to and general oversight of the program’s operations and administrative staff
- Monitor budget and provide required reporting in close coordination with IREX HQ
- Provide leadership in financial reporting, audit reviews, and assessment processes
- Ensure that all operations are in compliance with IREX, USAID, and Jordanian regulations
- In coordination with IREX HQ and the Chief of Party, establish and ensure implementation operational policies and procedures for the program
- Manage the technical components of the program—ensuring that they are properly executed, responsive to changing program requirements, and results-oriented
- Provide review and input for program documents (workplans, monthly and quarterly reporting, and other USAID reports and internal progress reports)
- Manage effective communication and coordination with IREX’s HQ team
- Review and approve grant agreements and/or subcontracts if any are planned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Jordanian citizenship or residency with work authorization
- At least seven (7) years of experience managing operations on donor-funded programs in Jordan
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Successful track record of supervising, designing, managing, and implementing donor-funded technical assistance programs, with strong preference for past USAID-funded project management experience
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required
Click on “Apply” below to submit your CV for consideration, preferably along with a cover letter which summarizes your qualifications and states your salary expectations.