AdventHealth Support Specialist Liaison Surgical Services Services FT Days in Altamonte Springs, Florida
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Altamonte Springs
- Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents
- As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973
- The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources
- Manages inventory by creating requisitions for ordering, tracking movement of orders and supplies and documenting the return or receipt of supplies through the appropriate inventory system.
- Inspects package integrity and rotates stock to reduce expiration of products. Manages the inventory locations/storage areas to ensure that environmental controls are maintained.
- Processes department repairs, and special orders/requests, within the budget for designated department. Maintains appropriate par levels and keeps overnight shipping to a minimum.
- Manages the loan/borrow process to include receiving and tracking supplies, equipment and instrument trays borrowed or loaned between departments, system hospitals or other community hospitals.
- Works with main hospital materials management and other departments to ensure that all inventory stock supplies have the appropriate MPC numbers. Assists with PO discrepancies, return goods authorization, understanding of contract pricing and other accounting issues as needed.
- Organizational skills
- Current knowledge of Medical Terminology or completion of Hospital approved course within one year of hire
- High School Diploma or GED (Preferred)
- Previous experience in an acute care hospital setting or materials management experience (Preferred)
Under general supervision, the Supply Support Liaison is responsible for ensuring that inventory and supplies are maintained and readily available within the department to ensure continuity of patient care. Responsible for generating requisitions for special orders, tracking and receiving specific assigned non-stock items. Works with department specialty managers to process and manage repairs. Utilizes the hospital APIE process in achieving the goals of the department. Assists with maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment for all patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.