PDS Tech Inc IT Project Manager in Alpharetta, Georgia
What does an outstanding Project Manager do?
You will plan, coordinate, and lead large scale scope/budget projects with an abundance of intricacy and risk. Work with key business persons to ensure a successful completion of a project, which can span multiple business units or functional areas.
Engage in project planning activities, including: scope definition; timeline creation, highlighting the major landmarks and dates for project activities; dependency and impact identification; Putting mechanisms in place to set expectations and ensure ongoing control of the project
Construe success criteria to promote alignment and work toward encouraged outcomes
Communicate the project’s progress on an ongoing basis, ensuring transparency throughout project life cycle. Provide leadership and key parties with the information and venues to make proficient, timely decisions.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
• High school diploma or GED required
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration preferred
• 5 years project management experience
• Validated experience in project management processes, methodologies and project lifecycle
• Experience in driving small – medium size projects
• Experience with Project Management tools (MS Project)
Experienced with Waterfall Methodologies Experience with Clarity is a plus Experience with PM Tools (MS Project) Experience with Network implementations, Server Builds, Firewall Security changes, Network connectivity type of projects. Experience with planning, designing a project through to execution of deployment
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Experience with Clarity
• Experience in banking, financial services, and/or software
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships with project team members
• Ability to influence project team, internal, and/or external partners
• Ability to understand project partner needs, interests, and influence for project success
• Ability to apply project management concepts in order to achieve project goals ensuring predictable, consistent, and successful project delivery
• Ability to analyze situations and use the team to define an executable plan
• Ability to ensure team alignment on project goals, objectives and business outcomes
• Ability to lead with support from project sponsor, when needed
Accountability & Dedication
• Ability to meet project deadlines
• Ability to identify project obstacles, dedicatedly mitigate risks and raise and problem solve effectively
• Ability to quickly grasps new concepts and translate to others
• Ability to respond effectively to new information, situations and individuals
• Ability to gather and analyze information needed to improve happiness levels of clients
• Ability to understand how project connects to broader company goals
• Ability to effectively identify and communicate project problems to partners
• Ability to dedicatedly develop solutions to project challenges
• Ability to drive project problems to closure
• Ability to engage in project initiating activities such as identify partners, identifying project management approach, defining roles and responsibilities, etc.
• Ability to use practically apply project methodologies and practices to execute project, balance changes, and facilitate achievement of project deliverables timely, within budget and with quality
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.