Aspen Dental X-Ray Technologist in Alliance, Ohio
Hometown is now part of WellNow Urgent Care!
The Radiology Technologist performs radiologic exams, following established procedures for patient care and safety. Performs all the duties related to proper film identification, storage, and reporting functions. Perform registration duties.
• Greets and registers patients
• Answers and appropriately triages phone calls
• Prepares patients for radiological procedures and conducts x-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety
• Uses a variety of radiation protection and shielding materials
• Ensures radiology equipment is functioning appropriately and reports equipment malfunctions to the department head
• Logs radiologic procedures
• Obtains pre-authorization from insurance companies for CT scans
• Ensures all radiographs achieve a radiographic interpretation by our teleradiology company
• Clarifies discrepancy radiology readings with the medical provider
• Cleans and stocks the site with other members of the team
• Performs basic medical assisting/occupational medicine technician duties to ensure proper patient flow
• Graduate of an accredited training facility for Registered/Certified Medical Assistant.
• 1-2 years previous experience working in a physician practice or clinic setting is required.
• CPR preferred.
• ARRT Certification and Ohio Radiologic License
• Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential patient issues and situations.
• Ability to function independently without close supervision, and to consistently exercise discretion and the highest level of good clinical and other professional judgment.
• Ability to effectively devote keen and acute attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and perform multiple critical tasks simultaneously (under dynamic and ever-changing circumstances).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Street: 1939 W State Street
Travel: Up to 25%
External Company URL: https://wellnow.com/