Continental EHS Specialist in Allentown, Pennsylvania
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Allentown PA location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented EHS Specialist to join our Operations team. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The EHS Specialist at Allentown will manage the health and safety program for the location, which heavily focuses on warehouse and distribution processes. This individual will also assist the site EHS Team to ensure the implementation of programs for compliance. Additionally they will be responsible for: Providing guidance to lead efforts to continually improve the environment, occupational safety, and health as well as fire protection and security programs at the plant location. Collaborate with corporate / regional / divisional environmental protection and HISS (Health, Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Security) for conformance to internal standards. This includes, but it not limited to the planning, development, coordination, and implementation of the activities, standards, rules, procedures and projects on safety, security, industrial hygiene, fire protection and environment areas. Assist with the application of the ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 management systems.
The EHS Specialist also monitors the daily facility operations including building control systems, fire/safety/security, mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, flooring, roofing, and grounds, and is the primary liaison between Conti interests and external contractors and suppliers.
· Ensure legal and internal regulation compliance and integrate into standard business operations and play leading role in permitting process
· Conduct and audit occupational safety checks on equipment and machines while utilizing risk assessments and root cause detection
· Define and control procedures related to solid waste disposal while developing and maintaining a system and permits to meet Hazardous Waste and Department of Transportation regulation
· Develop and implement health and safety awareness program for employees
· Define, control, and ensure the application of the Safety, Health and Environment management system elements at the location.
· Propose, plan, and implement annual investments related to materials, machinery, and industrial installations for site
· Provide internal and external resources for incident prevention
· Participate in site efforts in the event of an emergency/crisis situation.
· Ensure on-site EHS programs meet required standards through monitoring and define actions for improvement
· Participation in internal and external audits
· Initiate installation and replacement of manufacturing, assembly and material handling equipment and provide guidance for safe operation.
· Setup regular preventive maintenance and provide emergency/unscheduled repairs on building and building systems and effectively communicate with warehouse and office personnel.
· Responsible to call-in of maintenance contractors and/or vendors as required.
· Process purchase order requests for any service and maintenance activity, monitor and control facility expenses; coding invoices, researching billing discrepancies, ensure compliance with annual budget.
· Perform other administrative duties as required, including Capital and Expense Budgets, Capital improvement planning, Capital approvals.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
· Immediate Benefits
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition & Employee Discounts
· Annual Bonus
· Employer 401(k) Match
· And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 2 years of experience OR minimum 4 years if no relevant bachelor’s degree
• Ability to travel 15% domestically and internationally
• Flexibility to be on call as needed to support safety and security to the facility
Ability to climb ladders and stairs
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• 5 years’ experience in facilities or environmental health and safety management
• Electrical or mechanical knowledge
• Experience with operating/training on material handling equipment
• OSHA certifications
• General knowledge and experience of facility contractor vendor management
• Knowledge of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 management systems
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Vehicle Networking and Information business area, with its vision of “Always On,” sees the vehicle of the future as a partner that supports its passengers with intelligent and secure solutions – seamlessly networked, user-friendly, convenient and smart. The business area develops and integrates components and end-to-end systems for connected mobility – architecture, hardware, software and services. With solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, user experience, high-performance computing, digital services and system integration for passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures stable and safe connectivity and smooth information flows for connected mobility.
Facility Management, Health Safety and Security
Vehicle Networking and Information (VNI)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.