Belle Tire Instructional Designer in Allen Park, Michigan
To Connect with a recruiter today text "Apply" to 44844
JOB SUMMARY: The Instructional Designer is responsible for the design and development of engaging, effective eLearning optimized for delivery on computers and mobile devices. This role focuses primarily on technology-based training, but some development of facilitator-led materials will also be required. This role is responsible for course development through the entire ADDIE process, analyzing the needs, researching content, choosing appropriate instructional strategies, developing training assets, testing and implementing within the Learning Management System (currently Cornerstone) and evaluating its effectiveness with Belle Tire employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop technology-based learning using authoring tools and multimedia software including Adobe Captivate 8 & 9, Adobe eLearning Suite, Adobe CS5 &CS6, etc.
- Develop and edit course assets including audio, video, and graphics
- Design meaningful content and interactions to increase learning and retention
- Design assessments and build them in Cornerstone LMS
- Publish and manage courses and curriculums in Cornerstone LMS
- Manage multiple projects with frequent course deployments and on-time delivery
- Create and/or use appropriate course development templates, standards, and guidelines to ensure consistent deliverables across development efforts
- Communicate with stakeholders and team members throughout the course development process to ensure accuracy and alignment
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Training, Human Resources or related fields
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in the design, development, and production of technology-based learning
- Demonstrated experience applying instructional design principles and adult learning theories/models (e.g., ADDIE, SAM) to develop training materials
- Demonstrated experience developing multiple training design projects simultaneously
- Proficient in the use of relevant software including MS Office and Adobe products such as Storyline, Captivate, Premier, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Audition, etc.
- Ability to create visually appealing informative graphics, screen layouts, etc.
- Experience publishing to SCORM 1.2, 2004, and AICC standards
- Strong written communication skills: excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation, usage
- Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise way
- Ability to maintain files in an organized fashion on both local hard drive and network
- Ability to relate to and build relationships with all levels of the organization
- Background and/or experience involving graphic design
- Experience in the retail and/or automotive industry
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work hours are typically 8-5, Mon-Fri, some additional time may be required. Office environment requiring long periods of sitting and operation of standard office equipment. Requires occasional travel to Belle Tires store locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled