Sandia National Laboratories Talent Acquisition Generalist (Mid-Career) - Limited Term Employee in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a HR Operations Generalist to join the Talent Acquisition (TA) section in the new HR Operations organization to help Human Resources ensure every new employee's experience at Sandia is exceptional. We provide support to all Sandia employees and retirees in their moments that matter. This role is responsible for providing front-line customer service to candidates, hiring managers, administrative assistants, and employees regarding hiring policies and procedures, process hiring transactions, process on-roll student movement, and additional activities related to I9 and HR records entry. This work is performed in a high-volume, fast-paced environment and must be done with exceptional customer service and accuracy. This position reports directly to the HR Operations Talent Acquisition Team Lead.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Work within the Oracle Service Cloud case management system.
- Respond to phone and online inquiries to resolve TA-related questions and issues.
- Access information in multiple systems on the computer.
- Perform administrative tasks such as collecting required information/documentation from employees, managers, and/or others in HR; performing data entry; sending documents and correspondence; and filing of records.
- Work closely with hiring managers, applicants, and HR Partners to process hiring actions such as sending interview invitations, authorizing travel, requesting pre-hire documentation, generating offer letter packages, sending reporting instructions, and tracking pre-employment offer contingencies (i.e. Official Transcripts, Drug Screen Results, Pre-employment Background Review Results and more).
- Collaborate with the TA Center of Excellence to process on-roll student intern movement actions.
- Assist HR Operations team members as needed.
- May perform I9 collection, verification, processing, and HR records data entry.
- Regularly work in a high volume and fast pace environment, ensuring accuracy while meeting strict deadlines.
- Efficiently fulfill commitments by managing workload effectively.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts.
May work on special HR assignment and projects.
In this role, you will work one of the following shifts, at the direction of the Team Lead:
M-F: 8:00am-4:30pm; 9:30am-6:00pm
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) or more years of Human Resources support or related experience.
- Experience in Talent Acquisition or closely related area.
- Positive attitude, strong communication skills, and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to team well with others.
- Ability to protect and keep personally identifiable information (PII) confidential.
- Experience working within a case management system (Oracle Service Cloud or related).
- Experience with PeopleSoft.
- Experience in a shared service environment.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications, English, Psychology, Marketing/Sales, or related field.
- Moderate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Active security clearance.
The new HR Operations organization helps ensure every employee's experience at Sandia is exceptional. We provide support to Sandia employees, retirees and candidates in their moments that matter.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.