Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Logistics Operations - Clerical Union Undergraduate Year-Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Year Round - Clerical Union Undergraduate Intern to join our dynamic team.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Assist with multiple administrative activities to ensure favorable customer relations and successful project/program completion.
- Perform secretarial and clerical work for the organization’s manager and staff
- Complete filing, copying, spreadsheet and database maintenance, and web page updates
- Handle telephone communications, receive visitors and assist with the coordination of meetings
- Plan and execute property inventories and aspects of property management/Reappilcation
- Assist with quality check of manifests, which includes issuing, receiving, retiring and disposition log checks.
- Assist with various internal systems.
- Review customer/visitor logs and monthly metrics
- Answer customer questions in person and through property-related email entity accounts
Please NOTE: "As a condition of employment, the selected candidate will be represented by the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), which requires monthly membership dues or agency fees"
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0
- Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
As a condition of employment, the selected candidate will be represented by the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU), which requires monthly membership dues or agency fees. New hires into an OPEIU represented position will remain in the initial position for twelve (12) months before being eligible to be considered for other Sandia employment.
- Good organization skills, multitasking capabilities, and prioritization skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be dependable and possess initiative and enthusiasm
- Ability to work in a customer service-oriented environment with extensive interactions with Sandia management and customers
- Knowledge and experience with various databases and web applications
- Teaming and collaboration skills
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Familiarity with Oracle, Share Point and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong administrative skills
Logistics Operations, 10260, supports Sandia and its customers with transportation and asset management. Logistics core processes are Receive, Move, Manage and Dispose. The Property Management & Reapplication Department, 10264, provides mission-enabling services that promote effective supply chain management through systems that account for property control, utilization, and disposition. Activities include conducting physical inventories of sensitive items, equipment, and precious metals; assisting with government-furnished property under contract; obtaining return on investment for excess property through reapplication and trade-ins; generating cost avoidance through acquisition transfers from other federal agencies; destruction services; and conducting high risk/export control reviews to ensure the nuclear non-proliferation goals of the nation are met. Reapplication, 10264-1, is responsible for movement, identification and tagging, control and utilization, reapplication and disposal of property. This includes movement of materials and equipment to sites at SNL and other locations.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Furthermore, employees in New Mexico need to pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to Kirtland Air Force Base. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance and it subsequently becomes necessary to obtain and maintain one for the position, or you bid on positions that require a clearance, a pre-processing background review may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for a DOE security clearance need to be U.S. citizens. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Members of the workforce (MOWs) hired at Sandia who require uncleared access for greater than 179 days during their employment, are required to go through the Uncleared Personal Identity Verification (UPIV) process. Access includes physical and/or cyber (logical) access, as well as remote access to any NNSA information technology (IT) systems. UPIV requirements are not applicable to individuals who require a DOE personnel security clearance for the performance of their SNL employment or to foreign nationals. The UPIV process will include the completion of a USAccess Enrollment, SF-85 (Questionnaire for Non-Sensitive Positions) and OF-306 (Declaration of for Federal Employment). An unfavorable UPIV determination will result in immediate retrieval of the SNL issued badge, removal of cyber (logical) access and/or removal from SNL subcontract. All MOWs may appeal the unfavorable UPIV determination to DOE/NNSA immediately. If the appeal is unsuccessful, the MOW may try to go through the UPIV process one year after the decision date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.