Excelsior College One Stop Counselor in Albany, New York
**Closing Date: March 12, 2021
This position is responsible for day-to-day operations of One Stop/Student Financial Services and Registration unit, with primary focus on the support (phones, emails, messages and work queues) for Veteran Assistance. Additionally, this team member will be cross-trained to support Registration, Student Accounting and Financial Aid. The unit is in need of support to maintain timely and accurate customer service in compliance with all policies and regulations.
*Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Primary on phones to counsel students.
- Primary on all assigned work queues, email and message center communications.
- Support the collection of required documentation and processing of forms related to functional areas within the unit.
- Show competency in Institutional policies and procedures.
- Keep current on regulations pertaining to programs administered by Excelsior College. Serve as an information resource for incoming students, transfers, and re-entering students and continue to support them through graduation.
- Assist with developing, revising, and updating processes of the unit related to programs administered by the college.
- Support the development of the whole student by providing excellent customer service and resolution of issues through telephone, email, and preparation of written correspondence. Participate in ongoing professional development along with the encouragement of the growth of colleagues.
- Stay current with knowledge and use of databases required for workflows.
- Refer students to appropriate Excelsior College staff to provide desired services as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in support of the needs of the unit and the students we serve.
- This position requires an associate’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience in higher education student services.
- Experience working with Veteran education assistance programs preferred.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and sound problem solving skills are essential.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with PowerFAIDS financial aid data management system and demonstrate an interest in promoting distance learning higher education to a diverse adult student population.