Crosstex International, Inc. Field Service Engineer in Albany, New York
About the role
Are you mechanically inclined with a knack for hands-on work? Do you enjoy a flexible schedule and working independently? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can make a difference every day by solving complex problems and providing an exceptional customer experience? If you want to work for a great company where you will have the opportunity to advance your career, join our growing team as a Field Service Technician in Albany, NY.
What you will do
At Cantel, our Field Service Technicians act as the face of our company by ensuring top-notch service for our customers. In this field-based, customer-facing role, you will travel to hospital and surgical facilities to maintain, troubleshoot, service, and provide calibration and installation support for steam sterilizers, medical equipment washers and other Cantel products as needed. In addition, you will be responsible for building positive relationships with customers and colleagues, as well as completing necessary administrative tasks.
In addition, you will be responsible for the following:
- Drive Customer satisfaction through pro-active communication and commitment to resolving Customer's issues/problems.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance required on Cantel and related product lines in a safe and efficient manner. This includes disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment (i.e., schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, etc.).
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, overhaul, or refurbish standard and special purpose equipment and systems components.
- Ensure a positive Customer experience by providing timely PM performance, service calls, warranty calls, field upgrade programs, etc. Perform installations as required.
- Establish and maintain effective, communicative relationships with Customers, managers, support functions and the sales organization.
- Promote Cantel growth through identifying sales opportunities and recommending Cantel products/services to Customers.
- Communicate promptly and efficiently with Customers providing informative status updates.
- Be a positive ambassador for Cantel at Customer sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for
- A High school diploma or GED with 2+ years of relevant experience required.
- An Associate's or bachelor's degree in electronics, mechanics or a similar discipline, plus 1+ year(s) of related experience, is strongly preferred.
- Transferable skills for this role include mechanical (large military/agricultural equipment, appliances or vehicles), plumbing, HVAC, electrical, building maintenance and other similar field service repair work.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Strong technical, organizational, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working independently without supervision.
- Flexibility to handle multiple, changing priorities.
- Willingness to work in a hospital setting that may include visibility to emergency trauma.
- Ability to work flexible hours (at times outside "normal business hours") and travel as required.
Physical working requirements include:
- Routine movement such as walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing, reaching, twisting, pushing, pulling and grasping.
- Performing work from floor level to above shoulder height. This may include the use of ladders and/or scaffolds.
- Routinely lifting, lowering and carrying 1 to 35 pounds, as well as occasionally lifting and lowering 36 to 49 pounds.
- Walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- Working in confined spaces and under variable temperatures.
- Receive vaccination/immunization or proof of such that maybe required to enter the customer facilities.
- Work in the Medical industry may require front line work (non-Patient contact) in times of pandemic or communicable disease
- Ability to wear & use required PPE for completing the required job functions in your role.
Who we are
At Cantel, preventing infection is our business. We are dedicated to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions that help our customers improve patient care. Choosing a career with Cantel means joining a company that's driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and the passion to shape the future of infection prevention. If you want to be inspired by your work and have a hand in shaping the future of infection prevention, we want to meet you. Come and see why people love working here.
Cantel is a leading global company dedicated to delivering innovative infection prevention products and services for patients, caregivers, and other healthcare providers which improve outcomes, enhance safety and help save lives. Our products include specialized medical device reprocessing systems for endoscopy and renal dialysis, advanced water purification equipment, sterilants, disinfectants and cleaners, sterility assurance monitoring products for hospitals and dental clinics, disposable infection control products primarily for dental and GI endoscopy markets, dialysate concentrates, hollow fiber membrane filtration and separation products. Additionally, we provide technical service for our products. Cantel is comprised of three divisions: Medical, Life Sciences and Dental