Goldman Sachs & Company CIMD - Goldman Sachs Ayco Personal Financial Management - Tax Associate - Albany in Albany, New York
CIMD - Goldman Sachs Ayco Personal Financial Management - Tax Associate - Albany, NY
Consumer and Investment Management Division
Ayco - National Tax Group
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs Ayco Personal Financial Management partners with Fortune 1000 companies to design and implement tailored financial planning programs for their workforce-leveraging the 50-year heritage of Ayco and the comprehensive resources of Goldman Sachs to meet the evolving needs of their employees. Ayco believes companies best serve their stakeholders and the greater economy when their employees' financial lives are clear, understood and in their control. Ayco advisors and technical specialists help clients achieve their personal financial goals through education and guided implementation across seven key financial disciplines, including employee benefit planning.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Do you have a passion for tax, but want to explore beyond the public accounting environment? We are seeking professionals with an understanding of the markets who have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, strong communication skills, and client service are essential to maintaining and enhancing our business
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Prepare/review personal income tax returns (federal, state and local)
* Preparation/review of ancillary tax returns (e.g., FBAR, gift, trust, etc.)
* Forecast taxes, incorporating compensation, household income, deductions and legislative changes
* Assist with withholding adjustments and making quarterly estimated tax payments
* Review tax strategies, such as timing of deductions and charitable planning techniques (donor-advised funds)
* Analyze stock vesting implications, including withholding elections and basis tracking
* Evaluate non-resident state filing requirements
* Provide a seamless experience from tax planning to preparation of annual tax filings
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Ayco business spans the country, with the following locations in the United States: Atlanta (GA), Boston (MA), Canonsburg (PA), Chicago (IL), Cincinnati (OH), Cohoes (NY), Dallas (TX), Deerfield (IL), Irvine (CA), Houston (TX), Latham (NY), Los Angeles (CA), Minneapolis (MN), New York (NY), Parsippany (NJ), Philadelphia (PA), San Francisco (CA), Saratoga Springs (NY), Seattle (WA), Troy (MI), Washington, D.C. (DC) and West Palm Beach (FL)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Bachelor's degree in accounting required; advanced degree, CPA or EA designation preferred
* Related experience, public or private tax/accounting
* Creative problem solving, research skills
* Able to manage conflicting priorities, deadline-based tasks and simultaneous projects
* Familiarity with tax software programs
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, and Excel
* Clear communicator with strong interpersonal writing/verbal skills
* Detail-oriented, excellent organizational and analytical skills
* Self-starter, highly motivated to personal growth and development
* Ability to work in a team while maintaining a high level of responsibility and accountability to individual projects and tasks
* Proficient knowledge of investment and hedge fund partnership taxation a plus
* Understanding of FBAR reporting, PFIC reporting, and other foreign jurisdiction reporting a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people atGS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.