Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center PBX Operator - Telecommunications - 840004 - PT in Alamogordo, New Mexico
Performs day-to-day functions for the hospital, including operating telephone switchboard, relaying incoming and outgoing calls, internal office messages, alarm monitoring, primary contact for overhead paging, operating a two-way radio system to dispatch both Security and Maintenance personnel. Acts as a central point of contact for hospital communication systems. This description is not intended to be a complete list of duties. Other related duties may be assigned.
• Courteously greets the public on the telephone, answering questions regarding hospital policies and operations procedure, direct callers to the appropriate department, and maintains a patient listing.
• Places outgoing calls for patients and doctors when required.
• Makes announcements using the overhead paging system for hospital specific information, i.e. Code Blue, Code Red or hospital related information according to hospital policy.
• Assist in supporting and maintains the telephone systems by reporting trouble calls to help desk. Records and maintains a record if reported trouble calls.
• Operates two-way radio systems to dispatch maintenance and/or security personnel when required.
• Direct responsibility for monitoring of hospital medical gas, generator, code blue, and fire alarm panels, taking immediate action when necessary.
• Responsible for monitoring security system monitors and access control.
• Assist in ordering department supplies and needed equipment.
• Assists with clerical duties as directed by the Telecommunications Manager.
• Works with minimum supervision.
• High School diploma or equivalent plus on year experience as a PBX Operator, clerical position or its equivalents
• Current American Heart – HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) card.
• Must have knowledge of telephone etiquette and toll fraud security; radio transmission procedures and Federal Communication Commission rules and regulations governing operating of a two-way radio.
• Must be able to accurately handle several tasks at one time during stressful situation.
• Performs related responsibilities as assigned.
External Company Name: Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
External Company URL: http://www.gcrmc.org/