Abbott Product Manager - Peer-to-Peer, HCP Marketing in Alameda, California
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
This Product Manager, Peer-to-Peer, HCP Marketing will support the Peer-to-Peer initiative that facilitates healthcare professionals speaking to other healthcare professionals about standards of care in glucose management, clinical evidence and Abbott’s products. This role will assist in managing the external vendor to support logistics, the clinical marketing team who selects speakers, and the external sales team who conducts the event. This role will lead compliance documentation to ensure key materials (e.g. speaker training certificates are logged) and the further build out of the speaker’s portal which includes partnering with key stakeholders (e.g. Legal, Regulatory, Privacy) to ensure a compliant execution. In this role, you will carry the goal of executing on planned Peer to Peer events and work cross-functionally to ensure that monthly Peer to Peer events are being executed. You will also carry other HCP Marketing and US Commercial goals.
On a day to day basis, will be responsible for all Peer-to-Peer program operations for the HCP Marketing team including but not limited to: participate in weekly vendor management calls, compliance documentation, KPI reporting, invoice approvals, , developing Peer to Peer promotional materials, managing program invitations, and responding to our sales and medical teams’ inquiries.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
1) Achieve US product line sales and margin by driving execution of sales and marketing plan, tracking actuals vs. target and other key metrics such as closes, any losses, and growth within accounts, and adjusting tactics as needed to achieve targets.
2) Develop sales tools (literature, brochures, website, and all media), training materials, and field sales and customer communications to support sales and the customer and address any product line issues. Assess value, plan, and coordinate presence at key industry meetings. Support field efforts to participate in and conduct local channel meetings that drive customer adoption. Comprehend channel marketing efforts and requirements in managing development of promotional media. Develop sales educational/promotional pieces as appropriate: Initiate/manage/implement publications/ competitive comparisons to support business strategy as appropriate.
3) Build relationships with key customers, thought leaders, trade associations, and industry players to facilitate sales and increase positive visibility and adoption of Abbott products. Participate in various channels (including, Govt business) development discussions and provide input to drive development to higher value products that improve healthcare.
4) Work with Finance, Marketing Manager, Directors and Regional Managers to provide business analysis and support development of PLAN, Update, and LBEs. Provide monthly assessment of product line performance in sales, margin, new closes, and other issues affecting business prospects.
5) Approve a field notification on a product performance issue: understand key technical issues, clearly communicate in written form, anticipate customer/ competitor response and minimize negative reaction
6) Marketing Meetings: Organizes and facilitates national marketing meetings. Works with a broad array of internal and external groups to assure that marketing goals are achieved. Develops and presents product information and training to sales force and key customers. Participates in product strategy development; Visits customers/has VIP contacts Chooses reference centers to run clinical studies/trials. Follows up closely on projects in collaboration with others. Negotiates and prepares contracts for support/service.
7) Compliance tracking: Includes the necessary documentation to ensure all Peer to Peer events are executing compliantly and the build out of the speaker’s portal.
Bachelor’s Degree with at least 4-6 years of related experience, with at least one year of experience in marketing operations, program management or product management, or MBA with 1-3 years of related experience.
Product management experience in medical products or services preferred.
Strong presentation & communication skills, strategic planning, critical thinking and analysis of market conditions
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org